Welcome to my Diffusing 101!
Diffusing essential oils is the natural way to scent your home/office to clear the air, focus your mind, support your immune system, help you sleep and make the bedroom more sensual. My remedy diffuser oils are organic, balanced blends that get you there!
- First, don’t use diffusers that heat up essential oils as they alter the chemistry and degrade the efficacy of H. Gillerman Organics Remedy Diffuser oils.
What type of diffuser do you want? I recommend the Ultrasonic type (pictured) because it dilutes the oils in water – the easiest, gentlest way to diffuse. Clean up is a snap and you need only 3-8 drops of essential oils and you can switch out between different blends easily. (do every couple of days) These types of diffusers come in all shapes and sizes but each has has a plastic reservoir.
- If you don’t want plastic, get a nebulizing diffuser which has a glass reservoir, works fast (5 minutes) and puts out a lot of aromatics and gives a nice therapeutic punch. But! Nebulizers are difficult to clean, use more essential oils and make it hard to switch blends. Personally, I have a bunch of them and assign each a blend so I don’t have to switch out oils.
- Since this is the safest way to scent your home naturally and breathe in essential oils, feel free to use around your kids, when you are down with a cold or flu and before you go sleep – not during .
- Set up: add distilled water to the “fill line” – or less – then add a few drops of your H. Gillerman Organics remedy diffuser oil. Set someplace that is away from cats and babies under a year old.
- There are different settings: constant vs intermittent – choose the later for up to an hour or constant for no more than 30 minutes.
- If you add more drops, the scent and the therapeutic effect will be stronger – so you may need less time running your device.
- Watch my demo of the diffuser in my IGTV. For more on scenting your home naturally and I have a whole Chapter on it in my book “Essential Oils Every Day”, www.harpercollins.com